February 12, 2013

DIY photography set

image

I don’t know about you guys, but I LOVE professional pictures, especially if they are of my boys [even though I have yet to have any taken by a professional :/ ]. I definitely do not consider myself a photographer AT ALL, but I do my best and HAD a pretty sweet camera (the flash died, we’re working on it). With my business (The Baxter Boy), I have to take pictures of my products so I can sell them online. I like to use my boys as models, but they aren’t fans of that forced career, unless it involves a sucker that is.

The hardest part with these boys, especially little B and his one-year-old “gotta keep moving” motto, is that I can hardly snap a photo before they are off and running. This was one attempt at a photo shoot in the living room, even with Grant’s help.

IMG_0211 IMG_0199

It was just pointless. He wouldn’t sit still and it was too easy for him to get away. So, if you have small kids and want to take pictures yourself, here is a nice little tip for you. Use the bathtub!

0127131506a

IMG_0222

When they’re in the bathtub, they can’t get away!! (unless they are good at climbing). The background stayed where it was suppose to and we got the pictures done without any trouble (or bribes).

blue gingham

IMG_0255

…and just a little silliness!

IMG_0247IMG_0230IMG_0267

Here is round two with a grey sheet:

DSCF2581

[I don’t have Photoshop…or an iron apparently!]
DSCF2573

DSCF2570

DSCF2569

Background tips: Use sheets or other fabrics with a print you like…but be sure to iron them first! :/

diy with kiley