February 8, 2013

DIY Valentine Magnets

Ever notice the buttons for sale at the craft stores during the holidays? First of all, what do people actually do with those buttons? Wear them? Pin things with them? They aren’t really in style anymore these days, you don’t see jean jackets covered in these suckers. But I bought them anyway (for $.49 clearance at Michaels), with the full purpose of destroying the ‘button’ part of them. Throw in some magnet blanks and you are ready to make some cute valentine magnets.

DSCF2395

I like making magnets from buttons mostly because they have that concave feature in the back so when you attach the magnet it doesn’t stick out a lot. They are really really easy to make, as long as you can get the pin part out. I used some tin snips, but pliers probably would have worked just fine since I only twisted and broke the metal parts. 

DSCF2398DSCF2485

I enlisted my little G man to help with the next part and called it part of his preschool activity. I put some super glue on the back and he put the magnet down.

DSCF2488 DSCF2489

He lined them up very carefully and we let them sit for a little while.

DSCF2493

Then we put them to work, dressing up our [dirty] boring fridge.

DSCF2495

DSCF2501

Talk about CHEAP and EASY Valentine Magnets!

LINKED HERE

Repurpose My Life
diy with kiley