February 22, 2013

Washer & Dryer Decals

When we first moved into our house (3 1/2 years ago) we didn’t have a washer and dryer and we weren’t in a position to buy new ones. Grant is a huge fan of craigslist and scored us some very used, but still in good working condition, washer and dryer for $125 total. The dryer lasted for almost 2 years and then we were looking again.
image

Yes, I’d love to get a brand new front loading washer and dryer, but we aren’t ready to throw down that kind of cash yet. So our second set of w/d came from an older couple in our church. They are just about as old as I am, but have been used way less than our previous set, because this older couple always left for half the year (winter) and these just sat in their house, unused. These cost us $ZERO! Even better.

Since I can’t have the brand new, shiny front loaders, I decided to dress up these old suckers. I found a design I liked (search ‘flourish’ or ‘swirl’) and had my wonderful Silhouette cut it for me in three different colors and I varied the sizes.

image

The trickiest part of the whole process was deciding where to put the vinyl and putting it on with the help of a 2 1/2 year old!

DSCF2105

In the end, it wasn’t a huge improvement to my laundry room, but it does make me a little bit happier when I’m in there. Now I just need to tackle the rest of the room!DSCF2104

*inspiration for the washer & dryer decals came from this post

VINYL DETAILS:
*GreenStar Intermediate – Sunflower, 020
*GreenStar Intermediate – Middle Grey, 074
*GreenStar Intermediate – Chocolate, 080

diy with kiley

 

 

FEATURED ON:

someday crafts