October 10, 2013

The perfect Halloween decoration (*easy & cheap*)

My holiday decorations throughout the year have been pretty lame. Halloween is when I actually put forth some effort..and even then it’s not that much! For our front deck I decided I wanted some hay bales and something spooky with it. We got some alfalfa bales instead, but they will just have to work for the next couple weeks. I picked up a bunch of clearance Halloween decorations last year, so we have a bunch of skull lights. One string was lucky enough to decorate the alfalfa, the other is in our flower bed.

As for the perfect touch to our front deck, all it took was a dead tree!

IMG_3167

I went to our land, found a dead tree, cut off a couple branches, then painted them black (with Rustoleum Black Matte spray paint).

downsized_1005131808a

Nothin like a spooky dead tree for decoration. And if you get down to the nitty gritty, it cost me about $1.77 in spray paint (didn’t use the whole can) and $.56 in gas driving to our land and back. Not a bad decoration for just a couple bucks!

IMG_3168

I had some smaller branches left over, so they went inside on our console table. Again, the perfect touch.

IMG_3198

diy with kiley