November 17, 2013

I week

Yet another fun week of preschool for my boys. Next week is J week and then we are doing a week of Thanksgiving activities & fun. Each day this week we did a different I items – Ice-cream, Ice, Insects, I spy, and Indians. Check it out!

Ice-cream: (1) I made some Ice-Cream stickers with the Silhouette [We used them in #2 & 3]. (2) We started the day off with a big letter ‘I’ and he traced it with his finger then put ice-cream stickers on the lines. (3) With the other ice-cream stickers I made, he traced the lowercase letters (a-z) then colored them. Then with this ice-cream cone page I made he matched the lowercase abc ice-cream scoops to the uppercase ABC cones. [It took A LOT of thought and attention span for this one. We took a few breaks before he finished the page Smile with tongue out.] (4) Of course we had to eat ice-cream and watched an Ice-cream song and how ice-cream is made on youtube. (5) Using homemade puffy paint we painted some ice-cream on the cones and put sprinkles on top. (6) I made this ice-cream scoop counting page that you can use with do-a-dot markers or stickers. He loved doing this one! (7) My sister made us this ice-cream counting game last year. You roll the die and put that many scoops on your cone. He liked to stack it as high as it could go before he started over! (8) NOT PICTURED, we made homemade strawberry ice-cream! Yummy!!

image

Ice: (1) Twistynoodle ice page, little G practiced his uppercase and lowercase ‘I’s. (2) Then we played with ice cubes and watched them melt. (3) The night before I froze a bunch of their little toys in ice. They had A LOT of fun getting them out of the ice – with hammers, squeezy bottles of water, anything they could find to get them out! Lots of fun. (4) They made their own ice cubes. I made a batch of koolaid (half the water) and gave them some icecube trays and squeezy bottles. They loved filling them up, lots of coordination for this activity…and lots of clean-up!!

image

Insects: (1) I found some random insect pictures on Google and used Quicksand font for tracing ‘I’ & ‘i’s. He also stuck foam insect/bug stickers on the matching bugs & on an uppercase I page. (2) I got these insects and the sorting tray at the dollar store. He sorted them by color and by type. (3) Then he painted with them! The centipedes made the best print! (4) I made some build-a-bug magnets. It was a hit!

image

I spy: This was our short day for preschool. We made some I Spy shakers, read a lot of I Spy books (by Jean Marzollo) we checked out at the library, and played a couple games of I Spy. By far the best part of the day (for the boys) was filling up the I Spy shakers. They LOVE playing with rice & wheat!

IMG_3885

Indians (& Pilgrams): (1) We did a do-a-dot Indian Native American page. (2) We made an Indian headdress. I cut feathers, wrote what he’s thankful for on them and made a headband. He cut squares and made a pattern on the band. (3) With this fishing page, little G traced all the letters, then went in search of the matching uppercase letter taped on the fireplace. When he found and matched a letter, he colored in the fish. (4) Another fun coloring page. This one was color by number. (5) Grant and I made a teepee for our little guys! Grant found the poles while he was out hunting one day, and I got the material at Home Depot (drop cloth). Then after an hour of cutting and fitting it to the teepee we had it ready for painting. They loved coloring it and painting it, but not as much as they loved playing in it!

image

I WEEK!

diy with kiley