April 1, 2013

DIY roads (all over the house!)

My little G man turned 3 at the end of March and I didn’t really plan ahead for his birthday party. I thought about doing a “car” party, but I’m not a huge fan of themes nor did I have time to plan one. Instead we just had a bunch of his little friends over. Nothing was planned really aside from PLAY TIME, but I did make a giant roadway all over the house.

IMG_0579

I thought, since all his friends are boys (aside from one sweet little girl) they would be all over this action. Well, lets just say I saw at least half of them play on it for at least 23 seconds. OH WELL! Maybe they are still too young to enjoy it. The balloons were WAY more exciting!

IMG_0576

I looked online for some vinyl roadway or some black duct tape, but in the end I just made this myself. I have a 30” x 10 yard roll of black vinyl and I haven’t been using it nearly as much as I thought I was going to. So I cut tons of strips off of it and laid them all over the house.

IMG_0577

The dashes are just masking tape. I was going to be even fancier and buy some yellow masking tape, but I don’t know if such a thing exists (I couldn’t find any at Walmart anyway).

IMG_0580
[chill time after most of the friends left]

So, if you have older boys that actually like playing with cars rather than balloons and wrapping paper, this would be awesome fun! We had it mostly in the living room, down the hall, down another hall and in his bedroom. Pretty fun!

diy with kiley