January 17, 2014

“DAD” hoodie

20131223_225409

This was a very personalized gift, inspired by this little guy, and what he wrote too. In the fall, I took a pictures of how he wrote DAD on the sidewalk. I thought it was so cute and had to remember it for a project later on. Cue Christmas (or Father’s day, but our case was Christmas)!

1106131621a

For little G’s Christmas present to Grant, I had him write another ‘DAD’ and put it into the Silhouette Studio & made the DAD hoodie. Simple, fast & a very personalized memory as a gift!

image

I could have had little G write it with a sharpie or fabric pen directly on the hoodie, but this way it will stay forever and there wasn’t a chance of an accident or wild imagination of a little boy. I pictured him writing dad, then scribbling it out and trying something else. Then he would draw a face & his name with dots all over and some crazy scribbling. You get the picture. Maybe it would have been cute, having the extremely personalized touch, but I opted for the cleaner approach!

{what I used}
  *Blank hoodie from Wal-Mart ($10)
  *Teal heat press vinyl (about $1)
  *Handwritten DAD (priceless)

diy with kiley